Threat actors are increasingly targeting small- and medium-sized businesses making it more difficult for you to protect your organization. Are you prepared? Here are FIVE KEY TAKEWAYS from our to help make your organization less vulnerable to hackers and improve your cybersecurity and risk management.
- IDENTIFY what data you want to protect, the threats that can impact that data, and your current ability to detect and respond to those threats. Understanding your critical assets, business environment, governance model, and supply chain is a critical first step to reduce the risk of data loss and business interruption.
- PROTECT your organization’s data by implementing appropriate defense controls. This can include limiting access to assets, providing employees with awareness education and training, putting processes in place to secure systems and data, and performing timely maintenance and repairs on network systems.
- DETECT is the most important strategy. You can’t respond to an attack if you don’t know it’s happening. Investing in continuous monitoring solutions to detect suspicious activity and other threats is crucial to quickly responding or preventing a security incident.
- RESPOND quickly when you know you are under attack. Ensuring operational continuity requires you to act fast and take the right action immediately through incident response planning, analysis, mitigation, communication, and ongoing improvement.
- RECOVER data that may have been lost and restore services to critical systems so your business can get back to normal. It’s not enough to have a recovery plan. You need to ensure your plan is tested, be able to coordinate restoration activities with your team and external stakeholders, and incorporate lessons learned.
Want to learn more? Call us today and let us help you access your risks and implement a sustainable security framework for your business!