The list of HIPAA guidelines is extensive, and compliance requirements are always changing and getting more complex. Without proper training, you may be vulnerable to breaches and violations.
- Every office that accepts Medicare or Medicaid WILL be audited regularly
- Every business associate and vendor with whom your office works is obligated to follow HIPAA guidelines too, since they have access to your patient information
- Your office has other duties on which to focus. More of these other tasks will get neglected and/or require working overtime to complete the tasks.
- EMR Software does not make an office HIPAA Compliant
- Let us help you focus on the things you do best — caring for patients.
Without the following, you are not HIPAA Compliant
- HIPAA Risk Assessment
- Policies & Procedures Documents
- Management Plan
- Data Breach Communication Plan
- Network Security
- Ability to Backup and Recover Data
- HIPAA Training for Business Associates
Think your practice is too small to be targeted for a cyber-attack?
- Data breaches are now a fact of life
- 71% of all cyberattacks target small-to-medium-sized businesses
- Your office is low-hanging fruit for hackers. Medical office often neglect to take the risks seriously and implement proper security.
How does this impact your business?
- The average data breach is 25,575 records. Average cost per record lost is $429. This brings the total cost of a data breach to an average of $10 million dollars.
- Lost trust and reputational damage are irreparable. 65% of patients seriously consider switching providers after a data breach
- 72% of medical offices shut down or file bankruptcy within two years of a breach.